I stumbled upon this recipe for Grain-Free Banana Bread yesterday, and rushed home to make it! I altered the recipe a little because I added dark chocolate chips and made it Dark Chocolate Chip Banana Bread! It was decadent!!! So far, everyone who has tried it has loved it (even my picky boyfriend who never wants to eat my healthy food)! If he liked it, then it must be delicious! It is so easy to make as well! I recommend trying this recipe as soon as you can!!
-1/2 cup coconut flour
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– a dash or two of sea salt
– 4 eggs
– 1/3 cup coconut oil
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 4 medium ripe bananas
– 1/4 cup raw honey
– 1/2 to 2/3 cup of dark chocolate chips (For paleo use Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips)
– (Next time I think I’ll add some chopped walnuts, to give it a little crunch).
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium size bowl and set aside.
3. Mash the bananas in a small bowl
4. Melt the coconut oil on the stove top (and the honey if it is in a solid state).
5. Add ALL ingredients together in one bowl and mix til batter is smooth.
6. Mix well and pour into a greased loaf pan
7. Bake for 1 hour and enjoy.
There you go! It is delicious warm, room temperature, and I’m sure it would be GREAT after sitting in the fridge for a while too! For breakfast this morning I even warmed a sliced up and spread a teaspoon of Trader Joe’s Crunchy Unsalted Almond Butter on it—-ANGELS WERE SINGING!!! I cannot keep my hands out of this stuff! Good thing it is completely clean and grain free!!
I could go on and on about it, but how about you just go try it for yourself? :]